2021 CANDIDATE FILING INFORMATION
Candidate filing for the Town of Hookerton, Snow Hill, Walstonburg, and the Maury Sanitary Land District is:
- Friday, July 2nd at noon through Friday, July 16th at noon
- Tuesday, July 13th, 5:00 PM; deadline to withdrawal notice of candidacy
Offices up for election:
- Town of Hookerton – Mayor (2-year term) and 2 Commissioner Seats (4-year term)
- Town of Snow Hill – Mayor (4-year term) and 3 Commissioner Seats (4-year term)
- Town of Walstonburg – Mayor (2-year term) and 5 Commissioner Seats (2-year term)
- Maury Sanitary Land District – 3 Board Members (4-year term)
ELECTION DAY – NOVEMBER 2, 2021
CANDIDATE FILING AND ESTABLISHING A CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE
All Candidates will have to file a Committee at the Greene County Board of Elections. The forms can be found here: New Campaign Committee – Under Threshold.
CAMPAIGN FINANCE FAQ
WHAT SHOULD A CANDIDATE EXPECT WHEN FILING FOR OFFICE?
- A Board of Elections staff member will work with each candidate to verify eligibility to file (must be a registered voter in the jurisdiction in which they wish to seek office and at least 21 years of age).
- Filing paperwork will be completed and signed to be notarized (photo ID will be required for notarization).
- The candidate will pay a filing fee. The filing fee for the Town of Hookerton, Snow Hill, Walstonburg, and the Maury Sanitary Land District is $5.
- Candidates will be provided a filing packet containing campaign finance paperwork to open a political committee.
A candidate committee is required to register within ten days of taking the first among certain activities that are deemed to have begun the committee’s organization. The first of the following activities by the candidate starts the ten days:
- Receiving money or an item of any value in support of the campaign; or
2. Spending money in support of the campaign; or
3. Filing a Notice of Candidacy or being certified as a political party nominee.
All reports filed with the Greene County Board of Elections are available for public view on our Campaign Finance page.
If you need personal assistance with your Campaign Finance reports, please schedule an appointment to ensure your needs are met in a timely manner, as well as to confirm the appropriate staff member will be available to assist you. Without an appointment, we cannot guarantee immediate service. To make an appointment please call our office.
The complete library of campaign finance forms can be found on the state’s website at the following location:
INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
- General Information on Campaign Finance
- 2020 Candidate’s Guide
- Candidate’s Guide to Campaign Finance in North Carolina
- Absentee and Voter Registration Information
- Reporting Schedules can be found here.
If you have questions, please call the Greene County Board of Elections office (252) 747-5921.