Our office is open Monday – Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Payments are accepted via the following methods:
1. Counter. Payments are accepted at the counter of the Tax Department.
2. Payment drop box located beside the Tax Department door. Please enclose your payment (checks or money orders only – no cash) in an envelope with your name and account information.
3. By mail. Greene County Tax, P.O. Box 482, Snow Hill, NC 28580
4. Online. From this page, click on the tax inquiry and payments tab. (A convenience fee is applicable for debit/credit and electronic check payments.)
5. By phone at toll free number 877-690-3729 (a convenience fee is applicable for debit/credit and electronic check payments). You will need your tax account number and Greene County’s jurisdiction code, which is 4339.
Pursuant to North Carolina General Statute 105-322, The Greene County Board of Equalization and Review will meet as required by law.
Purpose of Meetings
To hear upon request, taxpayers who own or control taxable property assessed for taxation in Greene County, with respect to the valuation of such property, or the property of others, and to fulfill other duties and responsibilities required by law.
Time of Meetings
The Board will convene for its first meeting on Monday, April 17, 2023, and expects to adjourn at the conclusion of its meeting on Monday, May 1, 2023. The meetings will be held at the Greene County Operations Center, 312 SE Second Street, Snow Hill, NC. The April 17, 2023 meeting will begin promptly at 7:00 pm. The May 1, 2023 meeting will begin promptly at 10:00 am.
Notice is hereby given that in the event of earlier or later adjournment, notice to that effect will be published.
Take notice that all appeals or requests for hearing must be received no later than May 1, 2023, the advertised date for adjournment.
Notice is hereby given that dates for the hearing of appeals timely filed will be available through the office of the Assessor serving as the Clerk to the Board of Equalization and Review.
All requests for hearing should be made to:
Stephanie C. Wiggins
Greene County Tax Administrator
The Tax Assessor’s primary responsibility is to appraise, list and assess all taxable real and personal property each year and furnish tax base figures to the County, Municipalities and Fire Departments for budget purposes.
Each year in late December, abstract listings are sent to all taxpayers that had a listing for the prior year. All personal property subject to annual listing must be listed during the month of January in order to avoid a 10% late listing penalty as mandated by State law.
To create a fair, open, and efficient administration; to locate, identify, list, and appraise all property subject to taxation; and to collect those taxes to benefit the Citizens of Greene County.
Greene County’s last octennial County Revaluation was completed January 1, 2021, in accordance with N.C.G.S. 105-286. North Carolina General Statute 105-283 requires that all property be valued at its “true value” in money. “True Value” shall be interpreted as meaning “Market Value”, as of the date of the last reappraisal.
Real and Personal Property taxes are due annually on September 1 and become delinquent on the following January 6.
229 Kingold Blvd • Snow Hill, NC 28580
Phone: 252-747-3446 • Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm